Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

Everyday I wake up and list off five things in my life I am thankful for. They can be personal. They can be small and frivolous. Still, when I feel my life heading south, so to speak, I start reeling them off. Call it a personal rosary of sorts. As we approach the holidays, before the hype and hysteria hit, stop yourself for a moment and fire off five things to be thankful for. Here are some of mine...
I am thankful for...
Friends who don't always understand me but still care
An old truck that still runs
My son's voice as he belts out AC/DCs Longway To The Top....
Breakfast
I can run
Although it is what I do and not who I am - my job
A roof and a yard
Music
Parents who are in decent health
Cold mornings
The first cardinal of spring
The smell of dinner
Good doctors
That my brothers aren't perfect
Vivid Memories
Strong coffee
Artists
Roger Williams Zoo
Beaches just a short ride away
I can still play hockey
The color green
My wife's garden
Matteo's friends
Now knowing how to swim
A cluttered garage
Other writers
Good conversation
Poets
That I can walk from one point to another
Dragons
Red Wine
Matteo
...Pam...
Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my amazing family and friends, including Joe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading...what are your thoughts?